On-Demand Launching into Literacy - Diving into Narrative Skills (2-8)
Teach Your Students to Strengthen Both Narrative Writing and Reading Skills Whenever They Interact with Text
Watch on your time!
WHO: Teachers, Grades 2-8
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: Instructional tools to support deeper comprehension of text, apply analysis skills to constructed response, confidently teach narrative writing, and learn how to provide actionable feedback when assessing student work. Gain understanding of foundational writing skills to help students effectively respond to text and strengthen both writing abilities and reading comprehension skills.
HOW THE DAY BREAKS OUT:
Part 1– Launching into Literacy
- Understanding EW’s Methodology and how it creates writing success
- Recognizing Genre
- Identifying Organizational Frameworks (e.g., Informational vs. Narrative)Learning How to Annotate and Analyze Text
- Finding Literary Elements for Literary Analysis
- Identifying Text Conventions (clues) for Constructed Response
Part 2– Narrative Skills
- Developing an Entertaining Beginning
- Creating Elaborate Detail
- Building Suspense
- Describing the Main Event
- Developing Extended Endings
Part 3– Putting It All Together
- Practicing Process Writing
- Forming Assessment Rubrics
- Recap of Today’s Learning – Narrative Writing
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 hours of Narrative Writing instruction (taught by Master Educators)
- Digital guidebook and reflection sheet to accompany your training day.
- Certificate of Participation, available upon request.
- Ongoing support from the Empowering Writers’ team to ensure your success through virtual teacher talks, online chat Q&A, webinar trainings and much more!
- Price: $170 USD if you already own your required resource or $250 with a required HUB guide, for this pre-recorded training and unlimited support.
- Register Today for immediate online access to this valuable, on-demand writing instruction.
Copyright law warning: These recordings are to be used by the purchaser only and are not to be shared or duplicated.
*Need to get a quote to start your PO? Add this workshop to your cart; at checkout select "Quote" as a payment method.
*Want a printed guide or additional Narrative resources? Click here to shop more!