Do you teach more than one grade level? Do you want to access to both the Narrative, Informational/Expository Guides & Editing & Revising for example? The Single User, (2) Title License allows you to access two titles of your choice plus Editing & Revising.
(Note: only one email address can be associated with the Single User, 2 Title License plus Editing & Revising, meaning only one teacher has access to 3 guides.)
(This product is a license for the digital guides only. The printed guides are sold separately. You will receive access information within 24 business hours M-F. License expires on June 30, 2022. )
When you place this product in your Shopping Cart, in the Notes section, please list:
1. The 2 genre guides, choices are:
- Getting Ready to Write for Kindergarten or First Grade
- Narrative (choose between grades 2-8)
- Informational/Expository (choose between grades 2-8)
- Argumentative G6-8
2. Editing & Revising grade level (3,4,5 or 7)
3. Teacher email for your order.
The Hub: Single User License, for (2) Titles plus Editing & RevisingAccess all foundational writing skills, strategies, lesson plans, sample texts and exemplars necessary for effective writing from (3) Empowering Writers' teacher guides. (Note: only one email address can be associated with the Single User, 2 Title License plus Editing & Revising, meaning only one teacher has access to 3 guides.)
Digital-format guide includes:
- Structured lessons that target each skill necessary for effective genre writing
- Step-by-step lesson plans with clear, measurable objectives
- Mentor texts that support guided annotation and analysis and prepare students for response to text
- Strategies to break the writing discipline into a series of smaller, more manageable tasks
- Scripted lessons to help implement more effective modeling
- Suggestions for differentiating instruction to meet diverse needs
- Opportunities for applying writing skills across the curriculum
Embedded professional development including:
- Teacher Background - get a deeper understanding of the genre with brief, topic-specific video segments that reinforce every lesson.
- Modeled Lessons - watch actual classroom footage of foundational skills being taught by experienced writing instructors—pragmatic insight that can be applied right away.
- Coaching Segments - elevate teaching practices with valuable overviews, pacing advice and troubleshooting tips from certified Empowering Writers Teachers.
- Virtual Field Trips - multi-sensory experiences that give students important background information on topics prior to text annotation and analysis.
- Skill Power! PowerPoints - teacher-to-students presentations that help reference key instructional components of the writing process.
- Animated Video Lessons - real-world, classroom-based videos that explain expository writing skills with high-impact visuals.
- Download and Print - condensed lesson plans for informing your instruction