Watch on your time!
This previously recorded workshop was held virtually in August with our trainers and teachers from all over the US via Zoom. You will watch the workshop as it happened live on Zoom. You can also follow along with the conversations held in the chat and breakout sessions. This recording will be available for 14 days upon payment from either a PO or Credit Card. Below are the details on the workshop.
In this comprehensive workshop, geared for educators in grades 2 - 8, you will learn the necessary instructional tools to support text analysis and comprehension, confidently teach informational and opinion writing and be empowered to provide specific actionable feedback when assessing student work. You will see the clear connection between understanding foundational writing skills to effectively responding to text. This is the “how to” instruction that you have been looking for.
Order of Objectives
Session 1 : FOCUS - Reading with Author's Eyes for Deeper
- Instructional Methodology
- Genre and Organization
- Annotation and Analysis
- Expository Skills - Introduce
Session 2: FOCUS Foundational Skills
- Broad Yet Distinct Main Ideas
- Detail Generating Questions
- Word Referents
Session 3: FOCUS Foundational Skills
- Introductions and Conclusions
- Authentic Writing Tasks and Rubrics
Bonus - Session 4 (Recorded) - Applying Text Analysis to Constructed Response
- access to previously recorded 3 Live Zoom Virtual PD Sessions for 14 days
- a license for a digital Informational/Expository guide on the HUB (until June 30, 2021)
Price - $165.00 USD - A huge savings of $75!