Do you teach more than one grade level? Do you want to access to both the Narrative, Informational/Expository Guides & Editing & Revising for example? The Single User, (1) Title License allows you to access one title of your choice (K-8) plus Editing & Revising.
(Note: only one email address can be associated with the Single User, 2 Title License, meaning only one teacher has access to 2 guides.)
(This product is a license for the digital guides only. The printed guides are sold separately. You will receive access information within 24 business hours M-F. License expires a year from date of purchase. )
When you place this product in your Shopping Cart, in the Notes section, please list:
1. One genre guide, choices are:
- Getting Ready to Write for Kindergarten or First Grade
- Narrative (choose between grades 2-8)
- Informational/Expository (choose between grades 2-8)
- Argumentative G6-8
2. Editing & Revising grade level (3,4,5,6 or 7)
3. Teacher email for your order.
The Hub: Single User License, for (1) Title plus Editing & RevisingAccess all foundational writing skills, strategies, lesson plans, sample texts and exemplars necessary for effective writing from (1) Empowering Writers' teacher guide plus Editing & Revising. (Note: only one email address can be associated with the Single User, 1 Title License plus Editing & Revising, meaning only one teacher has access to 2 guides.)
Digital-format guide includes:
- Structured lessons that target each skill necessary for effective genre writing
- Step-by-step lesson plans with clear, measurable objectives
- Mentor texts that support guided annotation and analysis and prepare students for response to text
- Strategies to break the writing discipline into a series of smaller, more manageable tasks
- Scripted lessons to help implement more effective modeling
- Suggestions for differentiating instruction to meet diverse needs
- Opportunities for applying writing skills across the curriculum
Embedded professional development including:
- Teacher Background - get a deeper understanding of the genre with brief, topic-specific video segments that reinforce every lesson.
- Modeled Lessons - watch actual classroom footage of foundational skills being taught by experienced writing instructors—pragmatic insight that can be applied right away.
- Coaching Segments - elevate teaching practices with valuable overviews, pacing advice and troubleshooting tips from certified Empowering Writers Teachers.
- Virtual Field Trips - multi-sensory experiences that give students important background information on topics prior to text annotation and analysis.
- Skill Power! PowerPoints - teacher-to-students presentations that help reference key instructional components of the writing process.
- Animated Video Lessons - real-world, classroom-based videos that explain expository writing skills with high-impact visuals.
- Download and Print - condensed lesson plans for informing your instruction
*Want to purchase from outside the US or Canada? Contact Us
COPYRIGHT LAW GUIDELINES – PLEASE READ. Our copyright agreement for a single user license allows one person to download, print, and copy FOR USE WITHIN HIS OR HER INDIVIDUAL CLASSROOM ONLY. Copying or sharing materials for use in other classrooms or for training purposes is a violation of copyright law. Use in multiple classrooms will require the purchase of additional licenses – one per classroom. Copying, recreating, or modifying this product for the intended purposes of redistributing or selling is strictly forbidden.