For teachers looking for teacher-friendly writing instruction, this resources is for you!
Empowering Writers Informational & Opinion Writing guides provide you with everything you need to be successful at teaching writing. This includes:
A Proven Approach - Empowering Writers methodology and strategies deliver the "how-to" teach all of the foundational informational and opinion writing.
Response to Text Tasks Instruction builds upon the Literacy Launch and foundational skills taught to meet the requirements of today's state standards and assessments.
This product is a license for one individual to access the Informational & Opinion Writing Guide for Grade 8 on Empowering Writers HUB platform.
- Enhanced digital replicas of time-tested EW instructional materials
- Professional development videos on the foundational skills taught by EW certified instructors
- Virtual Field Trips that provide background for text annotation and analysis
- Skill Power! PowerPoints to introduce the foundational skills
- New ways to engage students and appeal to every learning style
Connect your digital guide to your digital classroom to assign student content, lessons and activities. Make sure to view the digital requirements before purchasing a license.
This product is a license for the digital guides only. The printed guide is sold separately.
License expires a year from date of purchase.
SKU: DB Expos 8
Outside of US and Canada? Contact us
More About the Resource
Access all foundational informational and opinion writing skills, strategies, lesson plans, sample texts and exemplars necessary for effective informational, opinion, and response to text writing. Informational writing skills are applied to not only essays and reports, but become the backbone for the more challenging response to text tasks. Also includes research skills, note-taking, and how to cite textual evidence without plagiarizing.
- Structured lessons that target each skill necessary for effective informational/expository and opinion writing
- Step-by-step lesson plans with clear, measurable objectives
- Mentor texts that support guided annotation and analysis and prepare students for response to text
- Strategies to break the writing discipline into a series of smaller, more manageable tasks
- Scripted lessons to help implement more effective modeling
- Suggestions for differentiating instruction to meet diverse needs
- Opportunities for applying writing skills across the curriculum
The Digital Guide on the HUB
The HUB takes you beyond the book and combines professional development, digital teaching tools, how-to demonstration videos and direct to student content all in one convenient place!
Embedded professional development including:
- Teacher Background - get a deeper understanding of the genre with brief, topic-specific video segments that reinforce every lesson.
- Modeled Lessons - watch actual classroom footage of foundational skills being taught by experienced writing instructors—pragmatic insight that can be applied right away.
- Coaching Segments - elevate teaching practices with valuable overviews, pacing advice and troubleshooting tips from certified Empowering Writers Teachers.
Digital Student Content
We designed our engaging videos to introduce students to the topic, and to provide valuable background information and vocabulary. In an engaging multi-sensory fashion, your students will have a better knowledge base with which to approach the related reading and writing tasks. Embedded digital student content includes:
Virtual Field Trips
- Skill Power! PowerPoints
- Narrated Text Audio
Digital Student Pages
COPYRIGHT LAW GUIDELINES – PLEASE READ. Our copyright agreement for a single user license allows one person to download, print, and copy FOR USE WITHIN HIS OR HER INDIVIDUAL CLASSROOM ONLY. Copying or sharing materials for use in other classrooms or for training purposes is a violation of copyright law. Use in multiple classrooms will require the purchase of additional licenses – one per classroom. Copying, recreating, or modifying this product for the intended purposes of redistributing or selling is strictly forbidden.