*Need to get a quote to start your PO, at checkout select "Quote" as a payment method. This will reserve your spot too!
EDITING & REVISING WRITING SKILLS
Teach Your Students Important Editing & Revising Skills to Strengthen their Writing
WHO: Teachers, Grades 3-6 (with a particular focus on Grades 3 and 4).
WHEN: On-Demand, Professional Development Training via this Editing & Revising Workshop is available online and on-demand, to watch now, on your own time.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: Practical tools for teaching students how to Edit & Revise their own writing. Learn hands-on activities that engage students and help the lessons stick.
View, rewind, take notes and review any section as you apply the learning to your classroom instruction.
Plus, you’ll receive a supplemental handout with student reference sheets, activity instructions and templates, along with student writing samples that are featured in the workshop training – providing you quick reference and extending your learning beyond the Editing, Revising and More teacher resource.
HOW THE TRAINING BREAKS OUT:
Part 1– Introduction to Editing and Revising
- Explaining the “Why” of Grammar and Mechanics
- Defining Editing & Revising
- Examining Instructional Design and Understanding EW’s Methodology
- Exploring EW’s Online HUB Teaching Resource
Part 2 – Part 1 and Part 2– Introduction to Parts of Speech
- Using Direct Grammar and Mechanics Instruction to Improve Student Comprehension and Empower Revisions
- Using Explicit Instruction to Develop Common Language and Assured Experiences
- Building Necessary Foundational Skills for Editing & Revising
- Exploring Hands-on Activities that Go Beyond “Skill and Drill”
- Layering Your Instruction for Authentic Application
Part 3– Looking at Student Work for Ongoing Application
- Examining Student Work Through an Editing & Revising Lens
- Developing Student Accountability for Skills Taught
- Providing Actionable Feedback Based on the Language of Instruction
- Applying Skills to Create Powerful Revision and Strategic Readers
Part 4– Diving into a Writing Unit with Applications Across Content Areas
- Uncovering the Writing Lesson Assets Available on EW’s Online HUB
- Diving into a Writing Unit and Exploring Applications Across Content Areas
- Discovering Authentic Application Embedded in the Writing Lesson
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 hours of Editing and Revising Writing instruction (taught by Master Educators)
- Student Reference Sheets, Activity Instructions and Templates, plus Student Writing Samples (featured in the training) – delivered in a quick reference, supplemental handout that expands on your Editing, Revising and More teacher resource.
- Online Access to this On-Demand Workshop Training: 14-days of online access available to start, pause, restart and review this comprehensive training throughout your 14-day access timeframe.
- Certificate of Participation, available upon request.
- Ongoing support from the Empowering Writers’ team to ensure your success through virtual teacher talks, online chat Q&A, webinar trainings and much more!
- Price: $170 USD if you already own the required resource or $300 with the required HUB resource, for this pre-recorded training and unlimited support.
- Register Today for immediate online access to this valuable, on-demand writing instruction.
- This Editing & Revising training is recommended for all teachers responsible for teaching students editing and revising skills, with a focus on grades 3 and 4.
Each participant is required to have the corresponding Editing & Revising teacher and student resources (digital or printed). Click here for more information on our Editing and Revising resource options.
- Remember that Empowering Writers’ Editing, Revising and More digital guide includes a year-long HUB license that delivers digital teaching resources for an entire year of editing and revising instruction. The HUB allows for easy, online access to your Editing & Revising resource, along with a wealth of other done-for-you resources and teach-it tools to access online and use now through June 30, 2022. Teachers love the EW HUB for their writing instruction!