On-Demand Launching into Literacy - Diving into Narrative Skills (Gr 2-8)
Watch and learn how to teach the foundational skills of Narrative Writing with this on-demand teacher’s course. You can view, pause, and replay this content or break your learning into bite-size sections that work with your school schedule. This flexible format makes learning easy!
Teach Your Students to Strengthen Both Narrative Writing and Reading Skills Whenever They Interact with Text
WHO: Teachers, Grades 2-8
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: Instructional tools to support deeper comprehension of text, apply analysis skills to constructed response, confidently teach narrative writing, and learn how to provide actionable feedback when assessing student work. Gain understanding of foundational writing skills to help students effectively respond to text and strengthen both writing abilities and reading comprehension skills.
HOW THE DAY BREAKS OUT:
Part 1– Launching into Literacy (content repeated in both Narrative and Informational workshops)
- Understanding EW’s Methodology and how it creates writing success
- Recognizing Genre
- Identifying Organizational Frameworks (e.g., Informational vs. Narrative)Learning How to Annotate and Analyze Text
- Finding Literary Elements for Literary Analysis
- Identifying Text Conventions (clues) for Constructed Response
Part 2– Narrative Skills
- Developing an Entertaining Beginning
- Creating Elaborate Detail
- Building Suspense
- Describing the Main Event
- Developing Extended Endings
Part 3– Putting It All Together
- Practicing Process Writing
- Forming Assessment Rubrics
- Recap of Today’s Learning – Narrative Writing
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 hours of Narrative Writing instruction (taught by Master Educators)
- Digital guidebook and reflection sheet to accompany your training day.
- On-Demand access available for 14 days.
- Certificate of Participation, available upon request.
- Ongoing support from the Empowering Writers’ team to ensure your success through virtual teacher talks, online chat Q&A, webinar trainings and much more!
- Price: $175 USD if you already own your required resource or $274 with a required HUB guide, for this pre-recorded training and unlimited support.
- Register Today for immediate online access to this valuable, on-demand writing instruction.
Each participant is required to have the corresponding Narrative writing resources (digital or printed).
- Remember that Empowering Writers’ Narrative digital guide includes a year-long HUB license that delivers digital teaching resources for an entire year of Narrative instruction. The HUB allows for easy, online access to your Narrative resource, along with a wealth of other done-for-you and teach-it tools to access online for an entire year from date of purchase. Teachers love the EW HUB for their writing instruction!
Copyright law warning: These recordings are to be used by the purchaser only and are not to be shared or duplicated.
*Need to get a quote to start your PO? Add this workshop to your cart; at checkout select "Quote" as a payment method.
*Want a printed guide or additional Narrative resources? Click here to shop more!