On-Demand 2-hour Launching into Literacy (Gr 2-8)
Our Literacy Launch, as demonstrated in our HUB guides for our digital users, is now available to our print guide users as a 2 hour workshop. You can view, pause, and replay this content or break your learning into bite-size sections that work with your school schedule. This flexible format makes learning easy!
WHO: Printed guide users, Grades 2-8
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: At Empowering Writers, we continue to adapt our approach and teacher support to meet the changing needs in your classrooms and school districts. Our newly developed Literacy Launch is designed to capitalize on the writing/reading connection. Students will be introduced to each of the organizational structures, learn to summarize text, and internalize the annotation and analysis process for both narrative and informational/opinion texts. From here, teachers can seamlessly move into either narrative or informational/opinion skill development because your students have the foundation that informs their writing. The Literacy Launch makes every interaction with text, in all content areas, a proactive reading and writing experience.
HOW THE WORKSHOP BREAKS OUT:
Launching into Literacy
- Understanding EW’s Methodology and how it creates writing success
- Recognizing Genre
- Identifying Organizational Frameworks (e.g., Informational vs. Narrative)
- Learning How to Annotate and Analyze Text
- Finding Literary Elements for Literary Analysis
- Identifying Text Conventions (“clues” discovery) for Constructed Response
WHAT YOU GET:
- 2 hours of Literacy Launch instruction (taught by Master Educators.)
- Digital guidebook to accompany your training day.
- Certificate of Participation, available upon request.
- On-Demand access available for 14 days
- Ongoing support from the Empowering Writers’ team to ensure your success through virtual teacher talks, online chat Q&A, webinar trainings and much more!
- Price: $75 USD for this pre-recorded training and unlimited support.
- Register Today for immediate online access to this valuable, on-demand writing instruction.
Copyright law warning: These recordings are to be used by the purchaser only and are not to be shared or duplicated.
*Need to get a quote to start your PO? Add this workshop to your cart; at checkout select "Quote" as a payment method.